Apparently, the good-for-you gourd is full of exfoliating enzymes that brighten skin. So, when you're carving your pumpkins this season, save the insides for more than just pie.
DIY Pumpkin Facial Mask:
- 2 teaspoons of pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey, which not only seals in moisture, but prevents breakouts thanks to its antibacterial properties.
- 1/4 teaspoon of heavy cream
- 1 whole egg, whisked. The yolk adds nourishment while the white helps to tighten skin.
- Optional: For an astringent effect for oily skin, mix in a splash of fall apple cider or cranberry juice.
On the carving front, we did the big scary pumpkin eating the little pumpkin without a stencil and my uncle carved the headless horseman one. Whatcha think?