- 1. Take her to see Santa. Have Santa tell her she’s on his nice list, then drop to one knee and surprise her with the engagement ring.
- 2. Hire a group of Christmas carolers to sing in front of her doorstep, and change the chorus of “We Wish You a Merry Christmas” to “Will You Marry ‘Michael’?”
- 3. Hide the engagement ring in an ornament box and hang it from the tree on Christmas Eve, with a note instructing her to open it.
- 4. Enlist the help of neighbors to spell out “Will You Marry Me?” in Christmas lights on her front lawn.
- 5. If your town has a holiday parade, get the girl scouts or high school marching band to unroll a banner with your marriage proposal as they walk down the street.
- 6. Love Disneyland? (yes!) The theme park’s decorations make any place inside a perfect place to propose.
- 7. Escape from the stress of the city and get away to a romantic hotel or cabin. Propose to her under the stars.
- 8. Get each member of your families to hand her a piece from a custom puzzle during your big dinner or dessert. The completed puzzle will be a picture of you proposing.
- 9. If flying together is on the agenda in December, ask the crew to let you use the P/A system to propose when you’re in the air.
- 10. Ask your local appliance store for a big empty box that would hold an unromantic item: microwave oven, vacuum, even a refrigerator. Wrap it like it’s the best appliance a girl could ever want. She’ll be thrilled when she finds the little tiny ring box after digging through the foam, newspapers and other filler.
- 11. Find a local ranch or village that offers horse-drawn carriage or sleigh rides. A good old-fashioned way to propose.
- 12. Too nervous to propose at Christmas in a public way? Ask her to marry you on New Year’s Eve, with just the two of you and a bottle of champagne as the clock strikes midnight and you drop to one knee.
Thus, on the twelfth day of Christmas my true love and I got engaged!
For more proposal and engagement ring ideas visit:
What's the most unique proposal that you know?