MostPublic. A former journalist and PR exec, Tara is now living in the New York area and raising her twin infant boys. Read about her adventures and mishaps, the celebs she runs into, film reviews, cupcakes, fashion, beauty and more. Tara received her Master's in journalism from NYU. She also blogs at The Huffington Post, TOT Runway, ShakeFire.com and more.
Testimonials & Reviews:
- Featured in The New York Times article, "Blogging The Hand That Feeds You"
- Called a "sassy-savvy New York gal" by Delight.com
- The Weblog Review writes that When Tara Met Blog is, "easy, light, and a refreshing voice in the over populated blogging world... my guess is Tara will have a long list of loyal readers."
- Picked as Blogger of the Week in About.com's Internet for Beginners Guide
- Named one of the Top 20 Most Influential People in Los Angeles by MostPublic.
- MeetUp and name mentioned on Fox Business news
- Quoted in a LA Times article on blogging
- Interviewed at Associated Content
Visitor Statistics For When Tara Met Blog:
- Google Page Rank 4
- Gender: 60% female, 40% male
- Income: This site attracts a more affluent audience. 33% making $100k+, 27% make $30-$60k
- Education: There is a high index of College Graduates here. 55% have a college education and 19% have some graduate schooling.
- Age: middle aged. Averaging 18-49-years-old
- Ethnicity: There are more Asian visitors here than average.
- More stats from WebsiteOutlook
In order to be as transparent as possible, I state in my posts when I am talking about a client. I will NOT blog about products that I do not like or would not personally use. I will turn down product offers or not write reviews of said products that I feel that I cannot recommend.
We allow third party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our Web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g. click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice visit the NAI at http://www.networkadvertising.org. To opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Email Memme with Tara:
1. What is your Full name: Tara Renee Settembre (when said all together it rhymes, my last name is pronounced Set-tem-bray, it's Italian) In Hindu Tara means Star and in Gaelic it means Tower of Strength. I like to think I'm both ;)
2. What color trousers are you wearing now:
Um none, lol, I'm in a robe, just got out of the shower after having taken a Yoga class.
3. What are you listening to right now? Madonna is on the radio at the moment
4. What are the last 2 digits of your phone number? 34
5. What was the last thing you ate: Japanese noodle soup.
6. If you were a crayon what color would you be: Red
7. How is the weather right now: light pretty snow flakes, they are sort of just taking their time floating down, like a slow motion snow globe.
8. Last person you talked to on the phone: my mother
9. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex: smile, humor
10. How are you today? Sore from Yoga, I took an advanced class and they made me do a freakin handstand or is it called a headstand, either way it hurt.
11. Favorite Drink: Green Tea
12. Favorite Alcoholic drink: Red Wine (hey, both of my fav drinks have colors in it)
13. Favorite Sport: Baseball, NY Yankees!
14. Hair Color: dirty blonde
15. Eye Color: weather dependent, sometimes green, blue or gray.
16. Do you wear contacts: nope, cant even put on eyeliner without freaking out
17. Siblings: none living
18. Favorite Month: December, now I have to wait a whole year til it comes agian. And if you were thinking I would say September because of my name, ARGH! ;)
19. Favorite Food: Pasta
20. Last Movie you Watched: "Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice," weird hippy movie made in 1969 about orgies and free love. Natalie Wood was gorgeous!
21. Favorite Day of the Year: Oct 31, Halloween.
22. Are you too shy to ask someone out: Yes, believe it or not, I don't think women should be the ones to ask.
23. Summer or Winter: neither I'm a fall fan.
24. Hugs or Kisses: depends whose doing the hugs and kissing. Cuz for some people I'd prefer a hug over a kiss.
25. Chocolate or Vanilla: Chocolate to eat, Vanilla to smell.
26. Living Arrangements: My cute little studio in the West Village. Come visit!
27. What book are you reading: The Pleasure of My Company by Steve Martin
28. What's on your mouse pad: It's gray with a gel wrist thing.
29. Favorite Board Game: Taboo
30. What did you do last night: Took another Yoga class after work, which lasted an hour and a half, then had caffeinated tea by mistake and couldn? fall asleep.
31. Favorite Smells: The Rain, Vanilla and Christmas Trees. Now if they could only bottle all of those in one smell.
32. Can you touch your nose with your tongue: not the tip, but the base, does that count? eww now my top lip is all wet.
33. Who inspires you: My mother for her strength
34. Buttered, plain or salted popcorn: buttered and salted. I hated that they put sugar on popcorn in London, ick.
((Jeez this is long))
35. Favorite Flower: Tulips, daffodils (my birth month flower) and daisies
36. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
I think about the dreams I had during the night since I always have vivid dreams.
37. Do you still talk to your best friend from high school?
Yes, and my best friend from elementary school too.
38. Pets: Still living with the memory of my cat Gremlyn.
39. Rock Concert or Symphony: haha like you'd even have to ask, Rock. I only went to a symphony once and I threw up.
40. Play or Opera: Play, I love going to the theater and seeing a show, but I also like Italian Operas too.
41. Have you ever fired a gun: A rifle and a Beebe gun. The first at camp the other belonged to my neighbor growing up and it ricocheted off of a stop sign and ripped a whole in my down jacket. I walked home dripping feathers and my mom pulled my hair for ruining my new purple winter coat.
42. Do you like to travel by plane: Yes and I never get scared on them.
43. Right-handed or Left-handed: Right
44. Smooth Peanut Butter or Chunky Peanut Butter: smooth, like me, lol just kidding
45. How many pillows do you sleep with: two
46. City you were born in: Peekskill, NY
47. Shower or Tub? Tubs, I love bubble baths.
48. Do you believe in love at first sight? That's so unfair to the blind.
49. What do you plan to do today? I'm going to a Hot Chocolate Festival on 18th Street and then cooking a chicken dinner at my apt for my friend from college and watching a DVD together.
50. What screen saver do you have set on your computer now? It's of a fake fire place with a roaring fire, kind of homey and nice even though it's not real. It even makes cracking noises, lol.
51. What time did you get up this morning? 8:00... the last minute possible
52. Diamonds or pearls? Neither, rubies.
53. What is your favorite TV show? Friends always and forever ;) plus Moonlighting, Lois and Clark, Taxi, Greys Anatomy and millions of others
54. What did you have for breakfast? didn't have time
55. What foods do you dislike? Anything curry since I'm allergic
56. Favorite Chip? Chocolate
57. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Best Buy
58. What kind of car do you drive? the Subway
59. What is your favorite sandwich? Peanut Butter and Jelly
60. Things you despise? Phony people
61. What are your favorite clothes? pajamas
62. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation? Tahiti
63. Where would you want to retire? Rome
64. Favorite time of day? Dusk
65. Pepsi or Coke? I'm not a soda fan
66. Beavers or ducks? why do I feel like this is a dirty question?
67. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with
everyone? um, what have you heard?
68. What did you want to be when you were little? A vetenarian because I love children, lol old blonde joke. But I did want to be a Vet until realized I fainted when I saw blood.
69. What is your best childhood memory? It's so easy to think of the worst, but the best are a bunch of ones but nothing solid. The happiest would definitely involve my mom.
70. Ever been toilet papering? Of course, I'm a bit of a prankster
71. Been in a car accident? Yes :( not fun
72. Favorite restaurant? Settembres, always and forever.
73. Favorite ice cream? Chocolate Fudge Brownie
74. Favorite fast food restaurant? McDonalds and El Pollo Loco
75. What was the last movie that you rented? Ice Princess
Posted by TaraMetBlog on Saturday, June 19, 2004 |