A year later, I've finally figured out how to manage it without needing an iron, but through affordable serums, leave-in conditioners and by even changing my hair brush. Now, my hair is actually shinier than ever. In fact, my mother even commented on it the other day, so if that's not the seal of approval, I don't know what is.
How to Avoid Frizzy Humidity Hair:
|Monica's frizzy Barbados hair|
- * Do not wash hair daily - Only wash hair every other day to avoid drying out hair. Natural oils in the hair actually help keep a handle on frizz.
- * Air dry & blow dry! Even when the brilliant sun will dry your hair for you, don't do it! While you should let your hair air dry as much as possible, I found doing it only halfway was the happy medium. Then I blow dry the rest on low heat for a nice polish, this will keep the waves out, frizz down and leave your hair shinier. Bottom line: Make sure your hair is 100% dry. Dampness leads to fizz, thus the problem with humidity.
- * Don't skimp on conditioner - I used to go light on the conditioner, not wanting my hair to seem oily, but since putting more conditioner on the ends of my hair I've noticed less breakage, thus less flyaways as a result to damaged hair.
- * Use a Clean Radiance hair brush - The popular hair accessory brand Goody launched Clean Radiance in October, a new hairbrush line that is striving to change the hair brush game. Clean Radiance brushes have copper bristles to massage the scalp and work through the hair to reduce buildup and restore your hair's natural moisture balance for a healthier shine. The directions say brush hair 2-3 times per day on dry hair for maximum benefit, so I gave it a try. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that by the very next day I saw a difference and my mom even commented on how nice and shiny my hair looked. I was like, 'wow, that was fast!' However, optimal time to start seeing results for this brush is 7-10 days, so get brushing! I've now been touching up my hair at least 2-3 times a day if not more with the Clean Radiance brush. I keep it on my desk for easy access. It won't replace your normal hair brush for styling, but helps enhance your current routine.You can pick up yours in the haircare aisle at Walmart!
- * Try Infusium 23 Leave-in-Treatment- I was introduced to Infusium 23 during BlogHer this summer. I wasn't familiar with the line before, but it can actually be found at Walmart and Target. This miracle therapy spray with moringa oil extracts prevents breakage, smoothes cuticles and tames flyaways. I've been spritzing it into my wet hair before combing it out.
- *Add Biotin to your diet! - When I was pregnant and taking pre-natal vitamins my hair and nails were healthier than ever and the main reason is because of the extra biotin in these pills. This B vitamin promotes hair growth and overall scalp health. A deficiency can cause brittle hair. Now, I take Nature Made VitaMelts Hair Skin & Nails, they are easy to take without water since they are smooth melting tablets that dissolve in your mouth. I also keep this little container in my desk drawer and to will take one whenever I spot the bottle. Try it, you'll thank me later! It's strawberry lemonade flavor make it taste like candy too! You can also eat high-biotin foods like peanuts, almonds, wheat bran, salmon, low-fat cheese and avocados.
- * Another great product that works without weighing down your hair is Loreal's Advanced Haircare - Smooth Intense Frizz Taming Serum, which smooths strands, locks in shine and tames frizz. It also smells nice, bonus! Believe it or not, oil actually repels the humidity that can cause frizziness! So, don't be afraid to use it!
What are some of your hair tips for battling humidity, sun damage and frizz?
Disclaimer: Thanks to Acorn Influence, Goody Hair, and Walmart for sponsoring today’s post. As always, all stated opinions are my honest thoughts and these are all products that I actually use and chose to include #CleanRadiance