From shredded to crumbled and sharp to sweet, Stella Cheeses found at Publix can satisfy any cravings. Best of all, it's totally easy to whip up a cheese board and it looks impressive too. For a stress-free appetizer here are 10 easy steps to assembling the perfect cheese platter for entertaining.
Tips for Arranging the Perfect Stella Cheese Board for your Next Dinner Party
- Use seasonal fruits and local fruits to pair with the cheeses. Thus, if it's blueberry season, put out some blueberries. Dried cranberries or homemade cranberry sauce are great for winter holiday platters. My boys get excited when there are grapes.
- However, not everything has to be edible, for the holidays add a sprig of holly as decoration or a tropical flower in the summer to complete your board's look.
- Vary how you cut the different cheeses that you are putting on your plate for both presentation and texture. The same-sized squares will make your spread look pre-packaged and store bought.
- Go nuts! No, seriously, add nuts like walnuts and almonds.
- Drizzle honey on or near sliced Stella Asiago Cheese or Stella Crumbled Blue Cheese, which helps to make these stronger cheeses taste sweeter.
- Not everyone can handle my favorite Stella Blue Cheese, so make sure to also include an easy fan favorite like Stella Italian Sharp Cheese too.
- Try roasting figs to include with your cheese platter.
- Champagne is the best drink to complement the eating of cheese along with white wines over red.
- Purchase a board or cheese plate that you're proud of. A popular trend right now is to use Slate Boards, where you can write on with chalk. A cheaper version, I picked up a roll of black paper from Target's Dollar Spot and a paint pen to label the different cheeses. Adds a personal DIY touch to it.
- Because they say you can't live on bread and cheese alone (I disagree!) add in some prosciutto, pepperoni or other Italian meats to appease the guys and those that are eagerly awaiting the main course.
We all know that wine and cheese are a perfect pair. Indulge in both with a trip to Napa Valley courtesy of Stella® brand! Good luck ... and please take me with you!