Recently, as I swapped out my Fall Burberry purse for my Louis Vuitton winter tote, I noticed several scuff marks though on the rubbery material of both. I tried washing it off, but the built-up grime didn't budge. I then used the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Select-a-Size to bring new life to my favorite bags.
All it takes is a dab of water on the porous melamine material to moisten the eraser and then rub away the unwanted smudges. NO other cleaning chemicals needed or recommended. Don't forget to dry the area after too. Works great on certain shoe soles too.
This surprising fashion quick-fix is a more affordable alternative than getting them cleaned professionally. In comparison, each package for around $3.47 includes three different sized erasers: small, medium and large, so you can use it on any size hand bag or shoe.
Here are my favorite other uses for the Magic Eraser:
- Use old Mr. Clean magic erasers to remove toilet bowl rings (just cut a piece off & let it set in your toilet overnight). I like doing this before & after a house guest visits.
- When I moved into our new home, I used the Magic Eraser to remove marks
off my newly painted walls. At first, I thought I was going to have to
bring out the paint brush to touch-up the smudges, but I had heard that
the Magic Eraser would do the trick and it did. I also used it to remove
shoe marks from the undersides of my wooden steps and baseboards.
- Removing set-in stains from drink coasters (…even my ceramic ones)
- Clean & polish gold jewelry
- Remove coffee & tea stains that remain inside a mug or infuser
- Clean inside the crock pot (this helped get rid of that stain ring that has been there forever).
- Click the following link for lots of more uses