Things I'm digging about Cali/LA so far
- When filling out online forms, the California state option in the pull down menus are closer and requires less scrolling than selecting New York
- The governor is a robot from the future
- Beaches and bonfires
- Cheaper drinks
- Getting hit on while driving
- Wearing flip flops and open toe shoes in December
- Strangers are more pleasant, even cashiers
- More fast food chains
- Good Mexican food--but bad Italian :(
- No rain
- Palm tree lined streets
- Living with my boyfriend
- Being 3 hours behind (less information overload, but more emails)
- Not lugging my groceries several city blocks and having my hands turn white from the plastic bags cutting my circulation off
- More relaxed lifestyle
- You only hear a siren once a week vs. once every 30 mins
- Costco and Target are within reach
- Playing softball after work in the "winter"
PS: My birthday is tomorrow and we are taking a quick trip to Temecula area for some wine tastings. That's another cool thing about being on the West Coast.
My coworker and office roommate, Rachael, surprised me with a cake today at work with the guys here. Very sweet--the cake too.